Building vs. Buying Marketing Automation Software: Pros and Cons [Infographic]
Building your own, AI-enabled, complex marketing automation software in-house will cost the equivalent of:
- Buying 1,000,000 acres worth of “lunar land” on the moon ($30M) +
- Buying 10 Koenigsegg CCXR Trevitas – the world’s most expensive car ($48M) +
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s payday from the McGregor fight ($100M) +
- The NBA’s salary king, LeBron James’ 3-year contract with the Cavaliers ($100M) +
- PepsiCo’s market value ($160M) +
- Building the Titanic (adjusted for today – $174M) +
- Buying America’s largest mansion, a 29-bedroom palace in the Hamptons ($200M)
…For a grand total somewhere north of $800M!
Building your own #AI-enabled #marketingautomation platform can cost upwards of $800M! The better option is to buy [Infographic] CLICK TO TWEET
Since the average marketing team gets 11% of their company’s overall budget, building one’s own full-fledged automation platform – at least one that’s worth building – is, for all intents and purposes, a virtual impossibility.
The only legitimate option for serious digital marketers is buying.
But fear not! Buying isn’t so bad. It’s a heck of a lot more affordable – and if you choose the right platform, it’s also likely to be more reliable, more manageable, and exponentially more effective.
This infographic lends more insight to help you decide whether you need marketing automation software, the benefits of building vs. buying as well as the costs, plus other key considerations:
Ultimately, marketing automation software will help you:
- Increase conversions
- Exceed marketing goals
- Eliminate manual, repetitive tasks
- Refocus on strategy rather than execution
The real question to ask isn’t whether you’ll eventually need a platform to help achieve these things; rather how it’ll scale across your business, how end users will work within it, and how it’ll integrate with social/mobile systems in place. Choosing the right partner and platform is the real key.
Replacements, Ltd., the largest custom dining ware company in the world, had been operating with their home-grown marketing automation solution — until they met Emarsys. Watch their story in this 4-minute video.
- Top 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing A B2C Marketing Platform
- Moving to a New Marketing Platform? 7 Concerns, Questions, and Issues [Infographic]
- The Clear and Present Dangers: An E-Commerce Operation Without AI