Forrester Research estimates that online sales in the U.S. will reach $523 billion in the next five years, up 56 percent from 2015. It is expected that 2018 online sales will hit $414 billion.
So, what exactly does that mean for your mobile marketing strategy? You can expect an even more mobile-centric marketing, retail and media environment throughout the year.
Successful mobile marketing today means offering much more than just an app. Marketers need to provide value and ease to customers; whether it’s through omnichannel, automation, messaging or other services and products. Give your customers more than just “shiny objects”.
By enabling customer convenience while offering a winning mobile experience throughout the entire customer lifecycle, marketers can better target impulse buyers, increase conversions and provide a seamless experience.
Having a stronger understanding of cross-device behavior for different customer segments will help you to increase adoption of your mobile apps and strengthen the experience.
6 Tips to Build Your Mobile Marketing Strategy
Having a stronger understanding of cross-device behavior for different customer segments will help you to increase adoption of your mobile apps and strengthen the experience. Consider these tips.
- Customer-First: Make your customer the priority. Mobile tactics are rarely one size fits all.
- Integration: Integrate your mobile strategy with the rest of your digital marketing efforts. This integration will become a key differentiator for your business.
- Value: Bring value to the customer. Take advantage of the phone’s camera, GPS, and push notification capabilities.
- User-Friendly: Provide an elegant UI and intuitive navigation. The experience should feel natural to the user.
- Simplicity: Keep it simple. Streamline information entry and payments. Digital wallets can facilitate the mobile checkout process by removing the biggest friction point for new customers.
- Personalization: Focus on personalized and sophisticated in-store capabilities. Using store locations as an extension of digital strategy needs to be a priority if you have brick-and-mortar locations.
Too few brands are going the extra mile to transform the entire mobile customer experience. Emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality, beacons, and the Internet of Things are taking brands mobile marketing strategies to the next level.
Are you ready? Learn how Emarsys helps provide highly personalized and engaging mobile content with our all-in-one solution.