The challenges facing today’s marketers are far more complex than deciding whether to promote a 20% coupon or free shipping. Gone are the days when simple segmentation and the basic set of automated messages were enough to satisfy your shoppers and bring in the sales.
Consumers now demand personalized experiences that engage their constantly evolving shopping habits. Retailers feel the pressure to offer a dynamic shopping experience across multiple devices and channels. This is why actionable data is more important than ever.
What Is Actionable Data?
Before jumping into all of the details, what does actionable data really mean?
Actionable data refers to information (or data) that provides sufficient insights and perspective into the future for key decision makers to confidently take action.
Ultimately, this helps drive smarter, faster business decisions. When leveraged properly, actionable data provides companies with insights that help produce more personalized experiences for customers.
We realize that these tasks can seem overwhelming, but the good news is that have evolved alongside these more nuanced consumer behavioral changes.
How to Create an Actionable Data Environment
part of the Emarsys B2C Marketing Cloud, offers retailers a way to build unified profiles for consumers across devices, channels, and platforms. This data is used to drive predictive models and showcase behavioral trends that retailers can use to overcome the challenges outlined above.
The key is to have your data drive actions without human intervention, which inevitably leads to delays and potential inaccuracies. An actionable data environment allows you to recognize the full value of your data.
6 Examples of Actionable Data
Turning raw data into insights is a process that requires constant refinements. Here are a few examples of how customers can use Smart Insight to improve analysis and targeting.
- Performance Check-Ins:Gain actionable insights into how customers are converting at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Best Sellers:Understand which products are top-performers and which categories are connecting with your best shoppers and first-time buyers.
- Lifetime Value:Analyze historical spend and model future value on the customer level, across the customer lifecycle.
- Defecting Buyers:Anticipate when customers start to disengage from your marketing and learn what it will take to win them back.
- Loyalty Programs:Foster repeat purchase behavior and brand loyalty by understanding your post-purchase behavioral metrics.
- Product Alerts:Direct new item announcements, back-in-stock alerts, and low stock messages to the right shoppers at the right time.
Marketing will never be without the challenges that arise when aiming to create a meaningful, actionable data environment. Our advice for marketers is to must constantly evaluate their technological ecosystem to ensure they are using platforms effectively and making the most of their data. Doing so will lead to actionable data insights that build a more enriching customer experience and help increase revenue.
Learn how Emarsys can help enrich your and automate marketing efforts with personalization insights.